Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Neo Mom

NEO MOM


As I was coming home from the gym after a quick workout, I recalled a conversation I had with a friend about getting old and turning into a "mommy" after having kids. Back in the olden days when women got married and had kids they abandoned their young and hip look for the look of “the mommy”. Mommies are pudgy from baby fat, they wear short hair cuts to show their maturity, they wear high water pants pulled up to the waist, and somehow every bit of sexuality is drained out of their bodies. That particular mommy look still exists but I believe it will one day be extinct. With the pressure to stay in shape and to look young, you find a lot of women taking on the neo mom look. The neo mom is hot! Neo mom quickly sheds the baby weight and bounces back. She is on a diet while she is pregnant as a matter of fact. She is in the latest gear. Her hairstyle is trendy. Basically neo mom doesn't miss a beat. I am sure the increase in the divorce rate has forces women with kids to get back in shape and back in the market.

With all that being said, I actually believe that the neo mom is the healthier option. Eating healthy portions while you are pregnant will keep you from gaining massive weight and I am sure is good for the baby. Also, keeping yourself in shape does wonders for your self esteem. I think keeping yourself together helps you  avoid losing yourself in marriage or in the mommy role. You should be mommy but you shouldn’t lose your identity. I am sure keeping yourself together once you have kids is a major challenge. I guess what I’m saying is that times are changing and you can make a choice to have the traditional mommy look or be a neo mom. You don’t have to lose yourself. As long as you want to stay fit and trendy then you can. Thoughts?   

No comments:

Post a Comment