Monday, September 27, 2010

Clutter Bug

Recently I moved into a new place and to a new area of town. Certain life events took place that lead to my new situation and so it took me a while to become adjusted to my surroundings. It is going on two months and I have basically settled in except for three boxes that I need to clean out. It isn’t that I have not had the time to clean them because there have been opportunities. The boxes contain several memories from my past and I wouldn’t know where to put the contents because there isn’t any more space. My old place had a garage and that is where those boxes existed for several years. Now I am challenged to finally face the items in these three memory boxes and possibly having to let go of certain things I’ve carried with me since childhood. So I have been avoiding my chore by placing them in different areas of the apartment. Each time I have a visitor I say, “Sorry about the boxes, I just moved in”. I am so lying. Another problem is that no matter where I place the boxes, I trip over them either on my way to the kitchen, bathroom, or out the door. It really is funny because it has been so long since I have looked in those boxes, I don’t even know what is in them. So I ask myself why am I so afraid to go through those boxes. What in my past am I dreading to let go. I mean I obviously don’t need certain things if I have been storing them in a garage for three years.
Addressing the past and letting go of certain issues is hard in the physical and spiritual realm. So many things both good and bad are bottled up inside and tucked away in a safe place. We hold on to things and take them from the past to the future, even when there is no room for it. And as we do this we are stumbling over our issues and apologizing to others because whatever we are going through is still fresh, when really it has been years since a hurtful act took place. It is time to look inside those boxes or issues and keep the good and throw away the bad. Organize our living space so we can grow comfortably and mess free.  If it doesn't happen, then the boxes will not go anywhere and people will stop believing the excuses. Most importantly, it ruins the decor.
Chi

No comments:

Post a Comment