Thursday, February 2, 2012

Love Notes: I'm Ready ~Tevin Campbell


Love Song -Tevin Campbell – I’m Ready 
Songwriters: DUCEY, CHRIS/MILLIS, ED
Love NoteReady for Love 
This is one of my favorite Tevin Campbell songs! The song opens with the lyrics, “Baby, it was uncool to love me and then leave me standing here now without a goodbye”. This opening line shows that the love interest wasn’t ready for love and when a person isn’t ready for love it is evident. When a person is not ready to receive or give love then hearts are broken and opportunities to be in a healthy relationship are missed.

What I like about the song is the message of patience. There is no better healer than time, but you have to be willing to make the sacrifice of waiting for your heart to heal or waiting on another person to heal. Regardless, time is a true test of whether your love is a true love, because true love is endless. Instead of jumping into another relationship (rebounding) or staying in a relationship with a person that isn’t ready to receive you, try patience. Give yourself the time  this month to prepare for love. Self reflect, read positive literature, write your own love song, fellowship with others in healthy relationships, and learn what makes you happy so that when true love calls you can say, I’m ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment