Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Finding your safe place

Finding your safe place
Do you know where your safe place is? You know the place where you feel extremely comfortable and at peace. It can be a real place or a place that existed in one point in time. It can be a place in your house or outdoors. For me it was a cavern that is filled with running water and precious stones. I imagine myself resting in the cool dampness and listening to the running water, inhaling the fresh air that has been purified from passing through the rocks. I can rest peacefully there without interruption and I feel myself becoming younger just by doing so. I can tap into this safe place wherever I am. It is what I think about when I’m meditating.  Finding ways to deal with stress is essential. In my profession I deal with several eccentric personalities and work long hours, but it can work for anyone. So do you know your safe place? Close your eyes and imagine that you are in the most peaceful place on earth. What does it look like, smell like, or feel like. Take 20 minutes to discover this place. Now before you forget, write it down because its yours. Whenever you need a stress reliever then take some time and go there. 
~ Chi    

No comments:

Post a Comment