Monday, December 20, 2010

Share the Vision - the Gift - the Love


I grew up with the most talented people in the world. I believe that and that belief is reconfirmed when I see everyone’s gift in action. Whether it is styling, comedy, dance, acting, singing, managing, or whatever, in my eyes the Alumni of this organization prosper.  As I was watching the current ensemble perform, for the first time I saw the “children at the window” which is a vision one of the founders saw before creating the company.  I always thought that the “children at the window” were specific people, but now realize that it is a vast number of faces alive and being born that are predestined to be a part of an anointed establishment.
The biggest revelation was where I would be if Freddie Hendricks didn’t answer the call to a vision and share that vision with us. What vision has God been asking you to manifest? But more importantly, who are the unknown faces waiting on you to believe and have faith in a dream placed in your heart by God.
I think sometimes people feel that when they sing, dance, or perform a talent the glory and the praise is going or should go to them. In actuality the talent you generate saves lives, uplifts people, and gives hope and so it fulfills a mission even greater than your mind can perceive. All things give glory to God. Even the negative in time will work in brining glory to God.  
The first chapter of the book a Purpose Drive Life is entitled It’s not about you. I read that book almost six years ago and I’m just now getting it. Beliefs such as - My talent, my business, my company, my my my my….I run this…if it wasn’t for me….respect me..I can do it by myself, all stem from the EGO. The behavior of the EGO is that of a child that hasn’t learned how to share. 
Remember show and tell and how great it was when everyone shared their special gift of the day with classmates. Or maybe the kid on the playground who had a big bag of candy and unselfishly shared it with everyone and by doing that made others happy. 
You are the kid on the play ground. Your mom the higher power gave you a gift aka a big bag of candy and placed it in your lunch box.  You know that your mom loves you and you have access to unlimited amounts of candy if you asked. There are others on the playground we call life that need your gift for nourishment or just to feel a part of something great.
Will you share your gift, the dream placed in your heart by a higher power in the name of love - with us?
~ Chi Ife

The Vision - The Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment