Friday, December 24, 2010

Wow, that's your hair!


True Story....
So I'm at the beauty supply store looking for a hair product.  The asian guy asks if i'm going to use the product i'm looking for on my weave and i reply, no it's for my hair.  He then says wow, that's your hair it looks like weave!  I politely smile and say, "Yes, most people don't know it but black women do have hair.  He's speechless.  I can't help but keep smiling.  The lady standing beside us looks at me and gives me a wink.  This moment, classic!
~I'm not sure why so many people think that black women don't have hair or where they get the belief that you have to be mixed to have pretty or "good" hair.  I mean it's so elementary!  Hair is hair, all hair is good, maybe you like someone else's hair texture a little better but that doesn't lessen their hair quality.  I look forward to the day when people accept hair in all textures, and accept the fact that yes, black women wear weaves (but so do women of other ethnic groups) and yes, just like other women have hair that can grow, so do black women! 

~~Be sure to check out my Youtube channel CooCoo4Natural~~


Pics are posted!  Thanks for taking time to check it out!

Hair, Hair, Hair-IT'S SUCH A BIG ISSUE!  lol

~Dee





    

No comments:

Post a Comment