Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ife Eats New York

Ife EATS New York!
New Jersey has Snookie and now New York has Snuggie…that’s me. That is my new nick name for myself after seeing all of my glowingly curvy New Years pictures. Being chubby takes some hard work…ok its more fun because I enjoyed myself this holiday.
So I went to NY over the holiday season with a gal pal and broke all of my healthy eating rules. I took pics of me behaving badly and wanted to share them with the world because NY has some of the best food and you must indulge when you visit.   
Here are some of the tasty vitals that Dee( my travel buddy) and I chomped on while in the Big Apple!


Murray’s Bagels – I saw this bagel shop on the Travel Channel and it was well worth the visit.
The show recommended that you eat the Leo on a Sunday and that is what we did. The Leo is a delicious omelet placed on a fresh bagel. They also have all types of signature cream cheeses.  Loved it!

Lets Smear!!!!


The Leo!

Murray's Fresh Bagels!!!

 










NY Pizza Joint

After a long day of shopping we pitched a tent in one of NY’s many pizza restaurants. I can’t even remember the name of the place because the Pizza was so good. Yummy!











NY Cheesecake
Here is a cheesecake from Juniors. The ambiance of the restaurant was more pleasurable than the cheesecake which is what they are known for. I recommend going for the ambiance. I had Strawberry Cheesecake and Dee had Chocolate Mouse Cheesecake. Ummm lets say the playdoh look and the taste of it resulted in a sad plate.


Random Italian Joint - Simply Pasta
Ok Poor Service and watered down Italian food. It was the worst meal that we ate. I have had delicious Italian food in  NY and this place was a major disappointment. Its a No Go.

I love New York for many reasons, but the food is great. Other places to visit for some food and shopping is China Town aka Canal street. I also think you should brave it and eat from one of NY's hot dog or what I call "street meat" stands. Look its scary but you are not experiencing NY if you don't get the pizza, hot dog, bagel, cheesecake, and ....street meat.
EAT!!!!
~Chi

No comments:

Post a Comment