Monday, January 17, 2011

An O moment!

An O moment
I was watching the Oprah interview on the Piers Morgan show and was reminded about a side of myself that I had tucked away. It is the part of me that Oprah is best known for. That part of me is the ability to share my experiences and ideas with others openly without wanting anything in return. Like sharing a great restaurant with people or connecting friends together who can use each other’s businesses. The words Oprah used are “Evolving People to the best of themselves”. I love helping people shine or enjoy life. I think that somewhere down the line I lost that part of me because I wouldn’t get that love back when I would go to others for info. I would expect people to be there for me like I was for them but sometimes didn't get the help I needed. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the people around me or maybe my race. We have all heard of the crab in the barrel syndrome and how African American  people do not support each other. It could be that, but I am not sure. My big O moment is that I forgot how much I loved sharing and helping people and that I stopped. The world or “life” can harden you or make you bitter because of the hurts or disappointments that you experience. I think that is how we lose our innocents when we become adults. I want to get back to that. Just being nice and helpful just because I should be and because it feels good doing so. What have you discovered that you have stopped doing over the years that made you feel happy?
~ Chi

No comments:

Post a Comment