Friday, October 15, 2010

NEW DAY!

NEW DAY
Every day is a new day. Sunny bright and blue day. Yesterday the rain came in but today the sun is back again.(Chi Ife O., 2006)
I wrote those lines for a children’s musical that my job produced. Whenever I’m feeling down for some reason that section of the song I wrote entitled New Day comes to mind. I totally understand when people say that everything comes from God. When I wrote those words I wasn’t in a bad mood or trying to be ultra genius. I read a play about little kids in a neighborhood playing and the song just came out. I envisioned a neighborhood and kids playing games. The day is beautiful and sunny. The scent of pancakes and grits is in the air. O yeah and it’s a Saturday and that means no school. I began to hummm and then write. Several years later I am in a slump and depression is knocking on my door. I’m praying to God and the first thing that comes to mind is ….New Day. Sometimes I think we write things that are relevant in the present and the future. God is always speaking to us through our passions. I literally wrote a song that later in life helped me in a dark time. It told me that every day is a new day…a sunny bright and blue day…yesterday the rain came in but today the sun is back again.
Storms will come, but the sun will always return in your life. That is why it is so important to share your craft because if God put a song in your heart, then its not just for you. It is for people listening in the present and that will be listening in the future. I heard a sermon this Thursday that talked about releasing your dream. If you are slacking on the idea that God put in your heart because you don’t believe it can happen, then make it happen for the people who need your dream. It is a selfish act to hide your vision and selfishness is an anti to love. Take baby steps if you need but do something every day to make your dream come to life. We need it! Hey, this is what this blog is all about.
Love you,
~ Chi

No comments:

Post a Comment