Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random thoughts

This morning I was listening to Summer Rain by Carl Thomas and was reminded how much I enjoyed the lyrics and melody of that song. It is my interpretation that the song is comparing a love interest to the protective nature and blessing of soothing rain in the summer.  The song really is beautifully written and the instrumental just grooves.  It is really cool how certain songs, sights, tastes, or scents can remind us of a happy or not so happy time in our lives. I mean as soon as the first few notes start playing we are automatically transported to another time or place. Atlanta Is one big time machine to me. Every corner reminds me of a different time in my life. From the Varsity to Little 5 points, every inch of Atlanta has a memory attached. I think that is the point when you know you are ready to move on. It is when everything links you to your past. When there is no more room to grow. When you start to have too many Dejavu moments.  But sometimes no matter how much you are ready to leave a place in your life, if God isn’t ready to move you somewhere else then you have to find ways to make olds things new. I know my thoughts are random,  but I’m just thinking through some things as I write. Going back to the Carl Thomas song, I think its really good because I haven’t heard it in a while. I think when you are fed up with a current place in your life, maybe you have to leave in order to appreciate it . Just random thoughts.
Chi

No comments:

Post a Comment