Friday, October 1, 2010

Virtue: A mean clean!

Cleanliness is a virtue
Sometimes when I get in to a bad mood I start cleaning. It’s a very natural instinct. I’ve heard that some people bake or start on new projects, but I reach for a rag and some Windex. While I’m cleaning I reflect on certain decisions in my life and its very therapeutic. It is almost like I’m having a conversation with God during the process.  While I’m ridding dust and dirt from my physical world, my time spent with God during the process cleans the spiritual. A messy house is a reflection of a messy mind. I have met several disorganized or people who operate in total emotional chaos whose living spaces look like a prelude to a garbage bin. They are the folks with melted skittles stuck to their car seats or old plates laying on the living room table when company comes over. I remember dating one guy who invited me to dinner and his living quarters were so messy I had to pass on the entire evening. I kept thinking, " I know he doesn't expect me to eat in here".  He didn't think anything was wrong.... because...uhhh being messy was normal. Isn't it funny that whatever you do for a long time even if it is a negative thing becomes your norm. Its like you are practicing a bad habit every day. Anyway after seeing his place it made a lot of sense why his behavior was so obscure.  He didn’t have any real life goals and he always boasted on how great of an artist he was but he never really practiced to support his egotism. Overall he was a mess! Being cleanly allows you to purge the unhealthy glob that blocks our progress which ultimately contains us in a mediocre realm.  Sometimes I will detox to cleanse my body from all the junk food that slips into my diet. After a cleanse I feel revitalized.  I think whenever you rid something from your life it affects the spirit. So I’m not saying that cleaning your house, car, or tummy will work for you, but it will definitely yield a beautiful fresh environment for you to focus on positive things. And don't we love the positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment